Why it is important for YOU to monitor your swimming pool carefully!
Swimming pools delight family’s world-wide and are a great source of fun and exercise. However, it is important for you to keep tabs on your swimming pool regularly! Some of you hire companies like ours to provide service and cleaning throughout the season. While there, we do a visual check of your pool equipment and levels, and will make you aware of anything we observe that is out of the norm. We recommend that homeowners keep a close eye too as conditions can change like the weather. We want to provide this information to you in order to avoid costly damage or repairs.
For the purpose of this article, we are referring to in ground swimming pools.
1. Water levels: It is imperative that you monitor the water level in your pool to ensure that there is sufficient water flowing to prevent pump burnout and not allow air into your system. Windy or hot days will provide more evaporation!
2. Over the winter months, keep heavy snow/ice loads, leaves and debris off the top of your cover! Too much weight could damage your cover or block your cover pump from operating properly. Use caution with your tool of choice however so that you do not damage/puncture your cover. See. #3.
3. If you notice your cover sagging more than usual, check your water level in the pool. Add water if necessary and monitor. Is there a hole in your cover? You could be pumping your pool water out of the pool with your cover pump!
4. Chemically balance your pool weekly! This is one of the easiest and most important tasks homeowners should do to protect their surface, pool equipment, and family. Need help? Contact us!
5. Monitor your filter pressure! Know what your “normal” starting filter pressure is on your system and monitor it regularly. If your filter pressure rises 10-15psi above your starting pressure, it’s time to backwash or clean your filter cartridges! Note: Your starting filter pressure will NOT be the same each year, due to age and condition of your filter media.
If you have questions about any of the information posted above, feel free to contact us by visiting our website at www.redrosepoolservice.com.